This post is mainly for my own benefit. I mount Windows shares on my SuSE linux box so infrequently, I have to dig through past notes to remind myself what the syntax is.
To mount a Windows share on SLES linux using cifs:
mount -t cifs -o username=jsmith //po5/gwdompri /mnt/po5/gwdompri
- jsmith is the user account to authenticate as
- //po5/gwdompri is the Windows server and share you wish to mount
- /mnt/po5/gwdompri is the location to mount the share, or where you access it on the local Linux box.
- you will be prompted for the password
- /mnt/po5/gwdompri must exist