Fix: The Novell Groupwise Address Book is the only address book shown when adding users to personal group distribution lists
We have a few users who have reported issues editing the membership of their personal address book groups since we upgraded our Groupwise backend from 6.5.5 to 7.0.3. We have not be able to reproduce this behavior using the 7.0.3 client. I needed to find a workaround to this problem until we can get all users using the upgraded client, which won’t be for a few months.
Groupwise 7.0.3 backend, Groupwise client 6.5.5.
When trying to modify Groupwise personal Group membership, the Novell System Address Book is the only address book available. Personal address books, frequent contacts, and shared address books are not available.
To duplicate the problem
1) Open the Address Book
2) Right click a Group and select Details
3) Under Look In, Personal address books, frequent contacts, and shared address books are not listed. Only the Novell Groupwise Address Book is shown.
The fix (really just a workaround)
1) Create a new email
2) Press the Address Book button
3) Highlight the Group who’s membership you want to edit
4) Right click the Group and select Edit Group
5) Click Add
6) Select the desired Address Book. More than just the Novell Groupwise Address Book will now be displayed
7) Highlight the User and add them to the group