Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit setup error when specifying additional storage drivers:
Fix for Windows Server 2003 Setup error: “Setup could not find a floppy drive on your machine to load OEM driver from floppy disk”
“Setup could not find a floppy drive on your machine to load OEM driver from floppy disk
Press ESC to Cancel loading OEM Drivers
Press F3 to quit setup”
This error occured when trying to install Windows Server 2003 R2 onto a Dell PowerEdge 830 server with a Dell CERC SATA 1.5/6ch RAID controller card.
To fix this issue, which was similar to the problem I experienced with a Dell Poweredge 2950:
1) Download the Dell USB Key F6 Driver Utility from
2) Extract the Dell USB Key F6 Driver Utility to a temporary location on a Windows workstation
3) Copy your server’s RAID controller storage drivers to /files subdirectory where the Dell USB Key F6 Driver Utility was extracted
4) Run USBKeyPrepF6.exe – your USB drive will be reformatted!
5) Press F2 to access Dell BIOS on the server
Under USB Flash Drive Emulation Type, change from auto to Floppy
Save changes and exit
6) If you have a Dell Remote Access Card:
CTRL+D to access DRAC settings (some systems may be CTRL+E)
Under Virtual Media Configuration Options, change Virtual Media is Enabled to Virtual Media is Disabled. R to save changes and reboot.
7) Insert the USB drive configured with the Dell USB Key F6 Driver Utility into the server.
8) Boot from the Windows Server 2003 CD/DVD. Press F6 when prompted to install the storage drivers. Windows setup should now see the USB drive’s storage drivers