I was in ConsoleOne 1.3.6e today, trying to connect to a Groupwise 6.5 Domain database and received the following error message:
Database error, the local device name is already in use
I received this message when trying to connect to several domains, but not all of them. I was able to successfully connect to all the domains the previous day.
It did not matter if I tried to connect to the domain by right clicking on the Domain object in Groupwise view, or if I tried to select Tools – GroupWise System Operations – Select Domain, the results were the same error.
I finally found a forum post that suggested mapping a network drive to the server volume that contained the domain directory database. I did this, and was able to connect to ConsoleOne. I didn’t even have to restart C1 to get it to work.