So, the other day I wrote about my Java errors I experienced when trying to load VNC in Firefox on a brand new SuSE 10 SP2 server. Today brought about a new Java error after I installed ConsoleOne 1.3.6f on the
same SLES 10 SP2 servers. I received the following message while trying to start up ConsoleOne for the first time:
no java found
I figured it had to do with me not using the version of Java that shipped with C1. Here’s what I did to fix the problem:
1) Browse to the /usr/ConsoleOne/bin/ConsoleOne file and right click on it.
2) Select the Permissions tab, and give Owner write access
3) Edit the /usr/ConsoleOne/bin/ConsoleOne file with gedit
4) Add the following line that points to our java installation directory:
5) Save the file and exit gedit
6) To run ConsoleOne execute: /usr/ConsoleOne/bin/ConsoleOne
Replace /usr/java/jre1.6.0_07 with the path to your Java installation.
To the location of your version of Java, run the following from a terminal:
find / -name java